The Association of University Presses (AUPresses) mission statement recognizes that “AUPresses advances the essential role of a global community of publishers whose mission is to ensure academic excellence and cultivate knowledge.” The 28 translations of this statement—ranging from American Sign Language and Arabic to Thai and Yiddish—displayed in rotation throughout our web site evoke this far-reaching community.
AUPresses expressed our engagement with the global scholarly ecosystem over the past year by:
- Welcoming new member UJ Press in Johannesburg—our second member in South Africa—as well as welcoming back Hong Kong University Press, previously an AUPresses member from 2009 to 2014.
- Serving on the international steering committee for Peer Review Week.
- Cosponsoring the fourth biennial UP Redux, organized by the Association of Learned and Professional Scholarly Publishers (ALPSP) and Cambridge University Press in May 2022.
- Organizing cooperative exhibit space for our member presses to return to in-person international book fairs in Mexico City (FILUNI, September 2022) and London (April 2023).
- Executive Director Peter Berkery participating in the biennial International Publishers Congress in Jakarta, Indonesia, during November 2022.